Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Relectant Teacher

I really am a very shy person, so when one day, as serious as she could be my art teacher said I am moving and you will teach this class. You don't say, now I was sure she had lost her mind. But after looking into the faces of her class the first time and they did not throwing anything at me, I soon realized that my growing love for painting could be enhance with a great love of sharing this love with others.



After teaching a while I very hesitantly was talked into small side trips to teach a seminar here and there. Now this is quite differrent than facing a little group in my home town. I had become deeply drawn into Decorative Art or Tole Painting as it was first known and was privilege to meet a Decorative art teacher that traveled all over the country teaching at different conventions. She worked with me weekly till after 3 yr. I received my CDA. I submitted to some Decorative Art Convention and to my surprise I was off. I have been going to Conventions all over the country. Actually my next trip is just for pleasure and will complete my visits to every state in the Union except Hawaii. I will try to add to this story and journal from my very real painting trip, in future Posts


It seem I was always a reluctant teacher. I was more or less forced to teach locally. Was practically dragged to teach at a small painting retreat. Told by a National Decorative Artist I could get ahead if I acquired my CDA (Certified Decorative Artist) and that she expected me to teach at National Decorative Art Convention. Ya! I am just the little small town house wife who likes to paint Gods
beautiful scenery .



No comments: