Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Were can art get you.



Around
The Entire
Country





What started as a hobby turned into a great opportunity to paint and teach all across this country? In future post I will journal this entire adventure from its mysterious beginning of this wild ride.

As I look back on this long road I feel some real excitement on revisiting the memories of this adventure of it all.



At the very beginning I was so unaware of just who I was and my need for adventure. I see it now but I didn't understand that the reason I even dove in to this hobby was this real hunger for new challenges. Many things are apart of your very being. You just wonder through, occasionally feeding this mysterious need but at some time I realized that challenge and a senses of adventure is what drives me daily.

There is anther part of me that has grown as well during this time. That is my Belief in a God who is behind my very destiny an has the ultimate plan that has been laid out from creation for my life. If only I had known, if only we knew that we are continually being guided in one direction or the other.





Teaching has been a great thrill of sharing and learning from others.



Travel has become a creative tool for me and a freedom I could not, in my wildest dream have expected. It has open a whole new world that continually feeds my creative juices.



This is a place in the Teton Mt we camped at. I painted it several years


after I camp there.


It all began in a small town craft shop and the a owner needing to sell her art stock. With all seriousness she said, "The very next person who comes in this shop to by art supplies, (which didn't happen very often), we would approch and ask them to teach us to paint. As good as her word, this lady came in to buy a tube of paint and Margaret was on her. Miss. would you possiblly be interested in teaching both of us to paint. To my suprise she agreeded. Only one problem though, she had only had 5 lessesn. It didn't matter, she taught us one very important thing, the hunger to put on canvas beauty as we saw it.





Well it was like the barn door was thrown open and the cow was out of the barn. After a few years of going from one teacher to another my friend not only sold her art supplies but began to teach (greatest way to learn is teach what you are trying to learn). I was right behind her learning with her and from her.


http://http//1947kjones.googlepages.com/home















































































1 comment:

Kathleen said...

this is very interesting. Where did you school