Saturday, February 27, 2010

2nd Addition for my "Close to Your Heart" friends

Winter seems to still be enjoying its visit so I will just keep playing in my workshop. I decide to try something a little different. You know me I get easily bored with the same technique or same approach to something. So I remember the complete thrill I got taking marbles and some reinker to accent paper and just need another real kick. Now that I have a bit more of the coordinating reinkers, paper and stamp pads I got one of my "Close to My Heart" ideal books and at random pick one of their cards and color choices and said lets run with it (I wanted to use the latest book but spent an hour looking for it and it must be in my very active black whole. I hate it that I seem to spend way to much time hunting for just what I want. I must be a little more flexible and just go with something else and maybe that may end up being better anyway).  The colors this card used was Goldrush (this looked rather orange to me when placed next to the Hollyhock), Hollyhock, and Olive.

 


OK, if you forgot my overly exciting experience of making pattern paper with marbles then you need to go back to January 4, 2010. But a short reminder is to put some reinker and marbles in a plastic container and add a scrap of paper to the top of the box, now shake for all its worth. I was so thrilled with this that I put it to music, no I did not include a video of the experience, but a picture will have to work. 


 

No one can say I don't incorporate exercise in my work experience. 

When this was finished I seem to like the colors on the small cards, but it was not until I pulled out the matching papers that I seem to have a problem. The basic problem began with the fact I rarely use pink or orange for that matter but together, well this could be a problem. Well, you ask why in the world did you choose them in the first place. The answer is very simple, if you will remember I said I went to the "Close to MY Heart" ideal book and  RANDOMLY choose a card and its suggested colors. 



 

OK, so this must be part of the creative process, learn to work with what you have and maybe my creative genes will grow, probably not but maybe Hee Hee!   I went to drive my bus and came back, pull out my thinker statue (Isn't he cute) and  looked at it for a while and said, its the orange paper I'm really struggling with, so I will just us a very small amount of it. The pink paper, I'll just soften by having some fun with soft white background print on it. 





Woo Hoo! I think I like this so lets keep going with it. I found a cute picture of my daughter at 2 yrs old (why you say because she had a pink dress on). I went to some of my sketch layouts and found one I thought would work. The green was easy to use and yes I even found a place for the orange. My marble paper just became a nice accent on the side of the picture. Because all the colors of the ink, paper and stamp pads coordinated the marble pages seem to just tie everything together.I even used the orange to add Pam's name, the orange seem to help draw attention to it even thought the letters were small.

 

I used some of the marble paper to make the flower's. Then the corners and top and bottom frame I used the olive and a heart punch. I seem to have this obsession with the items that are left when I punch these things out and this time they left these tiny hearts. Oh my goodness I can't throw them in the trash so I retrieve them put them in my little glue machine and you see in the close up how cute them turned out. Thrifty, Thrifty, Thrifty ladies, waste not want not.



















The letters were chip board and I didn't have an "i" so I used my marble paper to make one. 

OK what is the moral of this story, well so what "Close to My Heart"s color choices were rather good after all. I even like the spark that the orange gave the whole thing. No I will not be using a lot of this combination in the future but it was fun all the same. 

It goes to show how important it is to get out of your comfort zone at times.


Have a wonderful Saturday

No comments: