Saturday, February 20, 2010

I've been playing just for getting to post my fun

Where oh, where have I been, well playing in my shop but just forgetting to post my fun. This winter weather has made me hunger for color so color is what I have been playing with. I'm beginning to see that I love marbleized backgrounds. Now that I think of it I love the look of abstract backgrounds. Oh no I have admitted to liking abstract art.  Well maybe the saying that everything has its place is true. I have played around with this marbleizing of paper in several different forms, like using chalk and tube watercolors in shaving cream, yep real shaving cream and my hubby wasn't any to happy about it either. But this time I used spray paint. You can take a pan of water and spray different colors into it and then run some card stock through it. It is really fun and really messy. I used some red, and gold. Then red, green and gold and finally some blue and black. My fingers look much like the paper, guess I should of used some rubber gloves, oh well one must get into there work.  See for your self they are rather unusual.


 

I had fun making a couple dozen of these papers. I don't know what I will use it all for but you can bet it will be used.  Also love this stamp set, it is from Our Daily Bread and is a great set for encouragement. 

Now I didn't stop with playing with spray faint. I also decided it would be fun to make my own printed paper. I have lots more to play with but these two were fun. The pink one with the flourishes (the stamps were Close to MY Heart called Love Flourishes) I liked but the one stamp was a little big and I want to try it again.  I just love the leaf and pine needles. I plan to use this in one of my camping lay out I will post that later. 





Then there was this last one I made using some flower stamps. I have this fun tinplate to make a mini basket. Fun, fun, fun


No comments: