Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lots to catch up on

So much to catch up on as I sit here on a beautiful snowy Saturday. I think first thing to share is a fun project I started a few years ago. I have scrapbooked a calendar and the Feb page need some work so I went at it. When this page was made about 3 years ago serendipity paper was a hot trend and I still just love it. The process is just taping scraps of paper to one sheet of paper, then cutting letters or other objects out of it. The first time I did this I was sure the paper was way to ugly to be of any use but I was so wrong. The first two pictures are the calendar pages. The serendipity paper was used in cutting out letters for the word February and some additional squares.















February is one of those months that I feel a sense of waiting. The calendar for this month address's this thought. Nothing in my flower garden is what it seems. To the average eye the ground is frozen and every thing planted there is dead. Dead is what they are for sure but just beneath the snow a magical spark of life sits in wait for just a little warmth and it will again be reborn to its previous summer's beauty.

Now I want to show you what the serendipity paper looks like.









 

I love using foil Christmas warping paper to give a shinny look in some areas of the paper. It was fun not having to hide my scrapbook pages in a book but can hang them. I just print a up to date calender page for this year and I am good to go.

I also did some fun cards. I have wanted to use some of my painting techniques on a few cards so the next few are stamps and then watercolor pencils.


 

 
Later I plan on posting some fun pictures  on some of the weather we are experiencing here. I have had too much fun out side in our snow. So check back later. 

So make sure you find the wonder in the moment, wether you are one to go out in the winter weather or not. Just feeling safe in the warmth of your home is a great privalage and wonder all on its own.

Have a great day.
Kat





No comments: