Friday, February 26, 2010

For my "Close to My Heart" Friends

I will have two post for my "Close to My Heart " Friends, but this one is having fun with the set "Softball". My husband has a great friend who was having a birthday so he ask so sweetly if I would design a card for him. Are you kidding that's what I do daily, design or accept challenges for new cards. His friend, George is 89, they have been friends since childhood. They are also cousin's but George was his idol gowning up   In his day he was quite the ballplayer and in my husbands eyes he was a baseball star so he was hoping I could do something along that line.  I guess George was also a boxer. Bill said George taught him a lot, (about boxing well I guess that can serve you well later in life) I think he was a bit doubtful I would have something along this line but can you believe I bought a stamp set a while back all about softball. Now of course he didn't play softball,  hard ball is close, who knows the difference. A bat is a bat and a ball is a ball. I haven't played with this set much so found it a challenge to use it as a birthday card. ----------------------



 


 I had fun with the little base ball stamp and used it as part of the pop up and the back ground. I"m beginning to love making my own back ground . I also used some of the blue paper I made with spray paint



 


It was fun trying to make a stamp set work as something it was not meant to be. 

Woo Pee!!!! more snow this Saturday, God certainly wants to keep the song "White as Snow, White as Snow", fresh on our mind The next line was something like, and our sins are forgiven. I keep sing it write or wrong after each snow. At least we're not in DC, there getting another 14 to 18 inches of snow. I think God is a little upset with Washington. 

Have a Blessed day!
Kat