Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being Satisfied

This Sunday with a temperature of 6 degrees I reflect on the pure joy I have had this last week enjoying the fruits of my over abundant collected supplies. If I may barrow the words of Beth Moore, "we live in a culture motivated by one major goal-a little bit more. We have more than enough to live complicated lives, but less than enough to be contented".

This could easily explain why I have just been thrilled with the use of my collected supplies and being content with all that God has blessed me with. One thing this week has shown me is a little shame in the compulsiveness of over buying to feed what I thought would increase my creative spirit. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.  So what does it take to feel completely satisfied? Ecclesiastes says nothing in itself will satisfy you. So I can be inspired to create all day long but I think I will only feel satisfaction with how I use it to Gods glory.


Now seems a great time to reveal what motivated me in the beginning to make use of all the fun cards I was making. I have felt at a loss lately to be able to have answers to my friends and family's deep pains and losses when ask. They come and they ask and I seem to only offer pray for them as an answer. I really don't mean "only" for that is the most powerful help available. But it occurred to me that Gods word is the only answer. Now here was my next AH HA moment, make cards with Gods wisdom in them. Now its out, the plan for many of my new cards I have made this week. May God guide me to the right words for the right person at the right time.


This little card was not made from supplies I have accumulated. It is from the hug stack of cards themselves I have stock piled, so that counts don't it. Now the inside is using some of my scrap paper and some cutters I have bought last year. I just love them they let me cut several sizes of the same design.

Now the bullheaded person I am, it has been a goal of mine to not be chained to any one company, style, or tool but sometimes I become blind to some important truths of staying close to one company or another. I spent all last year collecting the entire stamp set from "Close to My Heart" and found the gift of there catalog and coordinating stamps pads to accent journal boxes I have typed on just plain white paper. My friend from Close to My Heart would say, "Well duh". OK Christine, I'm just a little slow. But wait till I surprise her with my new creation with marble rolling ha ha!


This also was a stamps set that have been hidden in my drawer waiting to be used. I love this set. I got it for my birthday last year from my Mom just after I swore of buying more stamps (if only I could hold to that). It's from a company called "Our Daily Bread". They have beautiful stamps of faith. I guess I will have to talk my Mom and husband into buying me some more for my next birthday.

These two cards are going this week to two special friends that I care and pray for often.

I have included a picture of my small bowl of this and that's, wait till you see my large box. I'm hoping one of my bus driver friends (yes I drive a school bus) will see these bowls because they were some of my best attempts at pottery. I couldn't waste them for I put everything to use. One of my friend's wife does beautiful pottery, I hope she sees my beautiful samples.

Have a wonderful Sunday and for those of us who must go back to work tomorrow lets be off to bed early. Christine Bivens-Close To My Heart

No comments: