Thursday, January 7, 2010

Uncovering Old Garage Sale Items

I love Garage Sales; I found two pictures on ugly orange canvases with some flowers on them that I wasn't found of. I'm not forgetting my challenge because I found these little items under a stack of scrapbook paper. What did these canvases have going for them, attractive long rectangle shapes, the wrap around canvas and lets not miss the price, 50 cents. Now that drew my attention.  I'm not sure if I mention I am also an artist. I use to travel teach. I do love painting, how I got so consumed with scrapbooking is a mystery. But I still have a group that paints together. This was a product of our Tuesday's class. I used to say purple was not my favorite color but it seems I am in the purple faze of my life. I do love flowers and thought I would share my attempt to show some of Gods amazing beauties. I think the reason I never got into abstract art was that I was sure copying Gods creation would always be more fascinating then anything I could dream up. 
While looking for some hidden treasures I also found this Fiskars template. It has never been used much because I have had trouble using the cutter that goes with it. We'll it wasn't going to beat me this time. After reading some direction, yes strange thing to do, I got it. Thrilled is what I am in not letting it win. I will have to practice some more but I am a little more comfortable with it.  It is so much fun finding unused hidden treasure. The paper I used is also some hidden treasure. It was called  "Easy Scrapbooking Calendar" and it seemed interesting but I couldn't seem to find a use for it. Well not now. I am beginning to love the 4" by 6" stacks of paper.


I'm not sure what I will do with the fun little window setting but that will have to be the rest of the story.  What will I find next, who knows?
Have a Great and Blessed Day. Christine Bivens--Close To My Heart



No comments: