Saturday, January 9, 2010

What to do with a two hour Delay










Two hour delay, what to do now that it is 5:30 AM, my little yellow school bus must wait for the sun to come up and now I'm wide awake. Things look pretty peaceful outside but "whatever". I'll take my coffee to my workshop and see if I can get inspired at 6 AM. I have added for some of my bus driver friends who tease me about loving to run my snow blower, well yesterday was my day. I enjoyed doing my neighbors and my drive and then sitting down with a big cup of Hot Chocolate with marshmallows.
    Two days ago I was so pleased with myself for learning how to use my Fiskars cutters that I had about four or five years and was able to cut out the window in the picture to the left. I wasn't sure what I would do with it but as you can see I thought of something. It's OK, but the problem begins with the fact I used paper I was not fond of because I was sure I would mess it up when cutting. Goes to show you should always hope for the best because now I was stuck with the pink. I couldn't just throw it out of course. So I'll just have to give this card to someone who loves bright colors. 


The second card was again using some of my "4 by 6" coordinating stacks of paper called Safari Chic. I just loved it. I had planned on using it for more masculine cards. But when I need to send one to someone it just fit with this stamp I found in my unused treasure. If you click on the picture it will be enlarged and you can read it.


This New Year's Challenge is beginning to take on a life of its own. I drew up a four week plan to search for my hidden unused treasures, like week one was templates and unused stamps. Week  two will be some more stamps but sets and using every stamp in the set in some fashion. I will up date on what week three and four will be later. It seems there need to be some rules also, like on Friday I felt led to finish all the things started while using my hidden treasures (sounds smart). It also seems like a good plan to choose only four or five treasures to use for a week. The out come is that today at 6:30 AM I was finishing up some of my project of the past week. There were four scrapbook pages and three cards. The problem I am having is putting away some of my new treasure to move on to others. I have enjoyed my fun penguin stamps and cute bears playing in the snow.  I do think I will use my Friskers template a bit more for I have several different templates. I have a great start on this New Year's Challenge, and I won't hope for the whole year but a month would be great.

It has been a fun day even with a two hour delay. I hope you have a great day also.

No comments: