Monday, January 11, 2010

Let that Ad spark An Idea

A very cold Sunday and one should really hibernate. My darling hubby was watching football so of course I could not bother him and went directly to my workshop. Seriously I am so blessed with a warm home, good company and being blessed with time to work out here. I feel sure I need to use most of this fun creation to some kind of Godly use. The cards are working in that direction. I thank God every day for his love for me and on this Sunday I must never forget how huge it is that my salvation is only through him.   

It just takes an Ad in a scrapbook magazine to spark and idea. They were advertising different papers. I was looking for a use for my little sign (I'm snow happy) I made with my Friskers template Friday.  The papers looked like they were just laid randomly and a photo taken. Oh, Wow wouldn't this make a great layout. So I was off and running with plans to duplicate it. First, I will say it turned out well and have showed  you the end product. I had to hunt a bit to find pictures that would work well on it.



The journal box on the page to the right simply says that the only reason for this page was to use my fun bears stamps and this paper design. Here is a short description of how the background was made.  First I got a 8" by 11" piece of scrap paper and just started laying some coordinating papers over it in a pleasing manner.  What is pleasing is just a little harder to describe but has to do more with balance of dark's and lights.

 The next step was to tape them down which is a bit of work but finally had all the pieces where they would stay in place. Now I turned the whole thing over and began trimming around the 8" by 11" sheet. It was just that simple.


The picture on the left is the back side of this whole contraption. The picture on the right is the front side and shows where I had trimmed two sides.



Now you have it. When I turned it over I had what I had seen in the ad. I was thrilled. It was so much fun I even made a second smaller one for a card. Still had paper left and we can't waste you know. What will I do with these cute tags, don't have a clue.
 



This was fun.  I hope everyone stays warm.
Have a very blessed and wonderful day.

No comments: