Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What to do with a cold rainy Saturday



Last Saturday my poor hubby seems to have a terrible case of feeling house bound. So what does one do on a very rainy, cold  day. We decided to drive down to one of our favorite camping spots, Raccoon Lake here in Indian?. In the summer it is a beautiful lake that is a water shed, but in the winter it is reduced to a small creek which has always been know as Raccoon creek.



This was a very interesting view. The area is usually completely full of water all the way  to the back of the farthermost tree line. It is some of the idle zone we use to enjoy when we had our pontoon boat. Even on the over cast day the brown fall trees in the foreground with leaves still on it warms up this picture.


The next picture above is just looking the opposite direction. The day would not be complete unless we took pictures of Billy's fishing hole while it had no water in it. Now Billy is a great  chauffeur and drove his favorite photographer (that's be me of course) around to get her precious photo shots.

It look so strange to have the boat docks laying on the ground and no water around the ramp many use to go retrieve there car and trailer from. So enjoy just a different look at our camping area. All in all it was a great way to get out of the house.

OK, I have not forgot my fun workshop and even though I have not posted for a few days I have been doing some fun things.  I have seen this interesting looking cards on the internet many times and have the correct cutter from Spellbinders to cut the pieces needed for it but had a terrible time figuring it out just from photos. Then thank goodness I found a tutorial, guess what it was much simpler then my attempt. I just love the lacy look.




Tuesday I had my fun girls over to paint together and finished a couple of bookmarks I like to paint and add in a some cards.


Last but not least I have never posted cards on a few of my friendly blogs I follow. They often have different challenges for you to try and then submit them to their pages, so for a change I decided to participate. There were two different ones, a sketch challenge and also one who gives you some colors (red, dark brown and light brown) to make a card with. I combined the two and found this to be a great way to inspire your creativity. It was a lot of fun. Also went to my "this and that" box and found the red flourishes on this card. Also I used a long unused stamp and felt very good about moving forward with my New Years Resolution. There is only one problem with my goal of using up many of my "this and that" stuff. It seems to never go down. Be sure and go back to the beginning of Jan 3 headed Playing with Marbles,  to find out and see my "this and that box".



Its going to be really cold the next few days so, Yep that means more playing in the workshop and just looking at the snowy day from my warm perch.

Have a blessed day.

No comments: