Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Hour Delay, Two hour Delay, DELAY do you hear.


Two hour delay again, what is a person to do at 6AM, yes its off to the workshop. A little bit of ice doesn't keep me from  having some fun. Have you ever wondered who put Valentine's Day in February? I'm not sure but to insert beautiful flowers and lots of pink and red in the middle of the long winter months is very refreshing. The first card is just way out of my comfort zone. One scrapbook blog I receive gives challenges of sketches and color suggestion and this week was pink, blue or blue green and brown. WOW pink is not usually my choice of color but we'll give it a try this morning. Now for the life of me why I pulled out this stack of glitter paper is beyond me. Of course why I even have glitter paper is another story. But it is the year for finding unused treasures. Did I ever come up with some surprises. In the end I think I like it. So for a icy winter morning you have a Little bit of pink, Little bit of glitter and I'm sure we can feel warm and cozy in our late January day.

I actually liked this fun card but still won't be over using pink and glitter in the future. What I liked about the glitter paper, it added a bit of texture.
 

I don't know if I have mentioned it but this week is texture week for me. Now I make my own rules as this year goes on and that just seems like a lot of fun. So I have several things I have found to bring some texture to my pages and cards. Texture seems to mean whatever I want it to. The Sympathy card was run through my Sizzix machine and a texture plate. I really enjoy the look. 


 .
This third card is a little different. While hunting for additional texture looks I found heavy aluminum you can purchase in craft stores in several colors. What, oh what, to use for some texture, I know, how about a onion bag and some large rick rack. Oh my, I like it. Now to find a use for it and this new sketch I received to day was just perfect for it.


This card may not be texture in some peoples book but my book says it is. This was a lot of fun. You have several copies of a picture and with my spellbinders cutters, I am able to cut a design in several sizes.

I have a few more I want to do later.



Well girls, here is what I am just thrilled about, we are nearing the end of the month and I have been able to keep up my new years resolution for at least one mouth. I have had a great time keep a small journal on this challenge. Next month I have some scrapbook pages I want to get done. One would be some of  my granddaughters softball.

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed day.
Kat

No comments: